As you know, I am embarking on a journey. I am moving from Philadelphia to Ahmedabad, India to work and experience a new culture. I'm sure it will be challenging, but hopefully fun and surely an eye opening experience. I've never blogged before. I will try to keep it fun and not too boring. I ship off 17Jan2011. No turning back now!

Monday, July 18, 2011

More Omelettes

I have eaten 6 omelettes in the last 2 weeks.  I have food rut issues.  But at the market I have bought onions, tomatos, hot peppers and bell peppers, so at least it can be a different omlette every day.

I have been cooking in the dark for the last 2 weeks.  The light went out in the kitchen went out, and replacing the bulb didn't fix it.  I turn on the pantry light and open the door, giving me just enough light to cook without hurting myself.  My landlord recently moved to New Jersey, so I am not sure how to get it fixed...

Anyway, I have been salting my food in the dark while cooking.  Most of you know I am very fond of salt.  Today I finally salted something in the light, and was surprised to see it came out dark brown.  Apparently the humid season has completely rusted the inside of my salt shaker and I have been eating rust.  Gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment