As you know, I am embarking on a journey. I am moving from Philadelphia to Ahmedabad, India to work and experience a new culture. I'm sure it will be challenging, but hopefully fun and surely an eye opening experience. I've never blogged before. I will try to keep it fun and not too boring. I ship off 17Jan2011. No turning back now!

Monday, July 11, 2011

I hate monsoon

The monsoon started 4 days ago.  This is a different India than I have ever seen before.  Everyone claims that they love the rainy season, and are so happy the monsoon has finally arrived.  They are nuts.

Granted, the oppressive heat has let up, and it is fun to see a crazy downpour from the security of your work or flat.  But the rest is terrible.  India doesn't have sewer systems like in the US.  A downpour will result in waterlogging which means traffic jams and mud lakes everywhere.  There weren't sidewalks to start with, now I have to walk in the middle of the road unless I prefer to swim.  I have to hang my laundry inside.  My entire flat is damp since I don't have AC, so my instant coffee grounds have turned into a lump.  My hair is a frizzy mess.  Ugh.

Only 3 months of monsoon left...

No comments:

Post a Comment