As you know, I am embarking on a journey. I am moving from Philadelphia to Ahmedabad, India to work and experience a new culture. I'm sure it will be challenging, but hopefully fun and surely an eye opening experience. I've never blogged before. I will try to keep it fun and not too boring. I ship off 17Jan2011. No turning back now!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I love you, Nan

My grandmother (Nan) has fallen very ill.  It is very sad for me to be so far away.  Nan was very special to me growing up.  She made me appreciate fresh fruits and vegetables (growing as well as eating), and taught me discipline in doing my schoolwork.  She tried to teach me cooking, canning, and sewing, as she was a master - but I was a hopeless student.  I know I couldn't do anything if I was there with her now, but I would like to be there anyway.  At least to give support to my Mom...

On a lighter note, I have made a travel list with the help of my friends and coworkers.  I refuse to return to US until the list is complete.  I won't be able to see every single thing in each location, but better to see many places in this part of the world while I have the chance.  Once I'm back in US, I can't just hop to Jerusalem for a long weekend...  Here is the list.

India
Goa
Kerala
Jodhpur/Jaipur
Udaipur
Jaisalmer

Asia
Bangkok, Thailand
China
Nepal
Jerusalem, Israel
Cairo, Egypt
Singapore, Malaysia

Said goodbye to another coworker.  This time one of my favorite analytical chemists in my group.  Here are some pictures from the goodbye pizza party.  These are all guys in my group.  It was my first time meeting most of their wives.  It is too bad we had to wait until someone left the group before gathering socially with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment