As you know, I am embarking on a journey. I am moving from Philadelphia to Ahmedabad, India to work and experience a new culture. I'm sure it will be challenging, but hopefully fun and surely an eye opening experience. I've never blogged before. I will try to keep it fun and not too boring. I ship off 17Jan2011. No turning back now!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Eat, Pray, Love

Eat, Pray, Love – Elizabeth Gilbert, 2007.jpg

What a stupid book.  I hate this chick-lit "oh my life is so sad, how ever can I survive in this big bad world" crap.  So, for anyone who doesn't know me well, here are NOT my reasons that I am going to India.
  • I am not trying to "find" myself.
  • I am not going to join a commune and become one with the Earth.
  • I am not trying to spread the wonderfulness of America's bounty on the rest of the unfortunate planet.
In other words, I'm not becoming a hippie.  I'm going to work for a big bad Pharma company whose intent is to make a profit, just like I did in the US.

Okay, I am not really an angry person.  I just know that this thought will run through some of your heads at some point.  I am actually extremely excited about experiencing the different cultures and reflecting a little on my own way of living.  In general, I find Americans to be wasteful and self-centered (not you, of course, OTHER Americans).  But I digress, this is not a preachy blog!  On to the fun stuff!  I will post again when I actually move.

2 comments:

  1. Would love to read about the adventures of the 'Baaaad Girl.

    Welcome to Blogosphere and happy blogging.

    Badal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy - SOOO funny about, "Eat, Pray, Love"! I totally agree - what a stupid, silly book. Godspeed on your adventures and I will be following your blog. How cool that you get to do what you're doing! But I must admit, I still like the good ol' USA :-) Till later.... Sherry

    ReplyDelete